Alpha 7 fixes batch export and numerous other things, and offers a new screenshot-quality export function.
The new screenshot-quality export function is something that I use myself quite frequently. When I want to insert an Excel chart into a, say, PowerPoint presentation, I prefer to use image files rather than the copy-and-paste method. With raster image files, what you see is what you get. Copied-and-pasted charts allow for further editing even in PowerPoint, but in my experience, pasted charts are easily distorted in PowerPoint.
The screenshot-quality exporter sets the graphic resolution to 102.42 dpi. This is the resolution that results in pixel-wise representation of the graphic in PowerPoint. Read more on ‘Inserting images into PowerPoint at the right size’.
The worksheet manager is a tool that I use myself quite often when working with large workbooks. In Alpha 7, I improved the worksheet manager so that it always shows the worksheets of the currently active workbook. In addition, I added an option to keep the manager window on top of other windows.
List of changes since alpha 6
- CHANGE: Do not install update while Excel is running.
- CHANGE: Ribbon buttons are enabled and disabled depending on context.
- CHANGE: Worksheet manager always shows sheets of active workbook.
- FIX: Disable ‘Check for updates’ command if an operation is pending.
- FIX: Do not crash with null reference exception during batch export (fixes #5b60f5b8).
- FIX: Do not leave stray test file after checking update authorization.
- FIX: Prevent null reference exception when choosing save file name (#5b0d44c5).
- FIX: Show progress when downloading update.
- NEW: Screenshot export feature.
- NEW: Worksheet manager will optionally stay on top of all windows.
If you have a previous alpha version of XL Toolbox NG installed, you can update via “Check for updates”.
See the new changelog.